P: (615) 238-6328
F: (615) 687-2762
Raquel L. Bellamy is an expert problem solver who focuses her practice on civil litigation. Raquel genuinely enjoys being a fierce advocate for both individual and corporate clients. A native New Yorker, Raquel learned to speak and write Spanish fluently through study abroad in Spain and Argentina. In high school, Raquel decided to become a lawyer because she believed her calling was to speak up for others. She graduated from Oakwood University with a B.S. in Finance and a B.A. in Spanish. She earned a J.D. from Vanderbilt University Law School.
Prior to joining this firm, Raquel dedicated a great deal of her time to defending and advancing immigrant rights, representing individuals from over 40 different countries. Raquel was previously an Associate at one of Nashville’s preeminent law firms where she actively worked on cases involving immigration and nationality law, labor and employment law, class action litigation, social security and disability law, and municipal utility law. She proudly represented unaccompanied minors in Juvenile Court seeking to obtain protection from abuse, neglect or abandonment.
Raquel was selected by the Nashville Bar Foundation to be in the 2015/2016 Class of the Leadership Forum. She was selected to join the National Trial Lawyers “Top 100” and The National Black Lawyers “Top 40 under 40.” In gratitude for her awards and leadership opportunities, Raquel aims to continually give back through service in local organizations and her church.
Raquel lives in Mt. Juliet with her husband, Christopher Bellamy (Assistant District Attorney for the 19th Judicial District of Tennessee), their children, and their playful puppy. Raquel’s newest hobby and favorite pastime is marathon training.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Administrative Law
- Labor and Employment Law
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- International Law
- Immigration and Naturalization
- Vanderbilt University School of Law, J.D., 2011
- Oakwood University, B.S. & B.A., 2007 cum laude
- Universidad Adventista Del Plata, Entre Rios Argentina, 2005-2006
- Colegio Adventista De Sagunto, Valencia, Spain 2000
- Tennessee, 2011
- Tennessee Supreme Court
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- Who's Who Legal, Top Lawyer 2016
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Napier Looby Bar Association
- American Immigration Lawyer Association
- Tennessee Association for Justice
- Lawyer Association for Women
- American Bar Association
- American Constitution Society
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, 2016-Present