Knight Lancaster’s prior experience as a practicing CPA and credit analyst for a financial institution positions him well to understand and communicate with clients, their CPA firm, and financial advisors. His practice is focused on:
- Mergers, acquisitions, and dispositions
- Leveraged buy-out and change in control transactions
- Private placement offerings of equity and debt
- Multi-entity organizational structure planning for federal & state tax purposes and operational efficiency
- Advising closely-held-businesses across a variety of exit strategies (private equity, ESOPs, strategic and financial buyers, and outright sales to current management)
Knight’s unique skill set allows him to excel in evaluating circumstances, plan for a desired outcome, and execute the plan while remaining cognizant of the overall objectives.
Mergers Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Assists clients in the decision and on appropriate terms to acquire or sell a business in the professional services, manufacturing, freight, and financial services industries.
Banking and Financial Services
- Assists clients in transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, stock and debt issuances and investments, strategic alliances and joint ventures.
Business and Corporate Law
- Drafts all manner of contracts necessary to operate a successful business, such as operation agreements, service agreements, license agreements, terms and conditions, and employment agreements.
Entrepreneurial and Emerging Business Law
- Assisting clients in forming or unwinding businesses, practices and management relationships, and resolving a variety of operation issues.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Tennessee Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Committee: Continuing Professional Education, 2020 – Present
- Young Leaders Council - Board of Directors
Knight is an avid runner and enjoys cooking, reading, and exercising on a daily basis.