Glen Allen Civitts is a corporate attorney specializing in real estate and commercial finance. He has an emphasis on healthcare properties and facilities. From sophisticated asset acquisitions, to purchasing, financing, or disposing of virtually any type of commercial real estate, Glen effectively provides a full and complete understanding of all aspects of commercial real estate transactions to help clients achieve their business goals and objectives.
Before joining Bone McAllester Norton, Glen was the head of the Real Estate Practice Group of the Nashville law firm H3GM. As an advisor respecting all aspects of buying and selling property, he assists clients, not only to understand applicable legal issues, but also to help them navigate the complex relationships that exist between buyers, sellers, developers, property managers and tenants.
Glen’s clients work in a wide variety of industries such as construction, banking and secured lending, real estate ownership and development, hospitality (including hotels, restaurants and golf courses) and, most frequently, healthcare. From long-term care facilities, to medical office buildings, from inpatient hospital facilities, to behavioral care companies, Glen advises his clients not only on the acquisition, financing, development and leasing of their property, but also on the unique regulatory requirements specific to healthcare industry licensure and certificate of need. With almost 30 years of experience advising healthcare clients on commercial real estate matters, Glen employs creative solutions that address their multifaceted needs.
- Acquisition counsel to a private long term care company which grew from three nursing homes to 85 during the period of his representation
- Lead counsel for acquisition and growth of medical office portfolio initially consisting of 85 properties which grew to 114 properties with value in excess of $600 billion
- Counsel for acquisition and disposition of two historic hotels, including a five story luxury property
- Acquisition counsel for initial portfolio of public REIT comprised of properties valued in excess of $114 million
- Counsel of behavioral healthcare company in disposition of operating business with value in excess of $53 million
Professional Recognition and Activities
- AV© Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Best Lawyers in America - Corporate Law, Health Care Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law, Securitization and Structured Finance Law (2009 - 2018)
- Nashville Business Journal Commercial Real Estate MVP - Professionals Services Honoree (2011)
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Glen serves as President of the Association of Tennessee Antiquities, a state wide not-for-profit entity owning and operating 11 historic properties throughout Tennessee.
As captain of a nationally awarded high school debate team, Glen developed keen analytical skills, mastery of detail and effective verbal expression. Playing chess, however, taught him other things, such as the value of foresight and planning. Today, such skills and attributes serve Glen’s clients well in negotiating and closing sophisticated business and commercial real estate transactions.