John P. Branham is a civil trial lawyer whose practice focuses on business litigation and plaintiff’s personal injury litigation. His trial practice includes insurance defense and legal malpractice defense. Before joining Bone McAllester Norton, he was a founding partner of the Nashville firm of Branham & Day. He has conducted numerous CLE programs for the Nashville Bar Association, the Tennessee Bar Association, the Nashville School of Law, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, PESI, and the National Business Institute.
John says he chose his practice area because he thought going to court was what lawyers did, “If I had known that you could really make a living doing an office or transactional practice, I might not have been inclined to take on the stress of trial work.” The stress paid off though. Today, John is one of Nashville’s most well-respected trial lawyers. Despite his success and vast experience, John still gets “stage fright” every time he enters a courtroom for a contested hearing. He says, “Each case or motion is the most important ever, and the fear of not doing a good job is palpable.” John is dedicated to providing the best legal representation for his clients.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Nashville Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers in America, 2014
- AV© Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 150 Best Lawyers, 2009 and 2010, BusinessTN Magazine
- In Charge list, 2010, Nashville Post
- The Best Lawyers in America©, more than 20 years
- Best of the Bar, 2007 and 2008, Nashville Business Journal
- Best Lawyers in Nashville, Nashville Post
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- American College of Trial Lawyers: Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association: Former Director
- Nashville Bar Foundation: Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court: Charter Master
- Barresters Club of Nashville, Past President
John has four children, eight grandchildren, and a rescue dog. When he’s not at the office, he is probably at his farm located south of Nashville in Bell Buckle.