Bonelaw Case Profiled on ABC’s 20/20
Bone McAllester Norton client Sherry Smith’s story of her fight for justice for the death of her daughter Lauren Agee was the focus of a recent profile on 20/20, a news magazine which airs on ABC. Sherry’s story begins in July 2015 when her daughter Lauren Agee, 21 of Hendersonville, was found dead in Center Hill Lake. She had been camping with friends during Wakefest weekend. But then she allegedly goes missing during the night and her body is found floating late in the afternoon the next day. Her friends never reported her missing or called Lauren’s family. Continued inconsistencies in the stories from those with Lauren prior to her disappearance along with their unwillingness to cooperate with investigating authorities, lead Lauren’s mom Sherry Smith to begin a yearlong independent investigation with the help of private investigator Sheila Wysocki who specializes in cold cases. In July 2016 Bonelaw’s Alex Little, on behalf of Sherry Smith, filed a $10 million dollar wrongful death the lawsuit against the individuals at the camp site claiming that her daughter was killed through the intentional, negligent, or reckless acts of the defendants. The case is still in progress led by Alex Little, along with Mandy Strickland Floyd.
Watch the 20/20 episode here.
Learn more about Bone McAllester Norton legal services here:
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Victims’ Rights and Privacy Law
- Appellate Law
- Criminal Defense and Government Investigations
- Personal Injury Law
Latest posts by Bone McAllester Norton (see all)
- Charles Robert Bone Named to Nashville Business Journal “Power 100” - October 13, 2017
- Bonelaw Client Studio Bank Takes Steps Towards Formation - August 28, 2017
- 16 Bonelaw Attorneys Selected to The Best Lawyers in America© 2018 List - August 15, 2017