In The News
Bone McAllester Norton Responding to the Nashville Tornadoes
This week, a wave of deadly tornadoes hit Nashville and Middle Tennessee, and these tragedies have reminded us that Bone McAllester Norton is deeply rooted in our community. So many of our firm’s friends and clients have reached out to check on us, and we are grateful for their support during this time. No one has escaped the storm’s impact: friends have been displaced, businesses have been destroyed, and lives have been lost. Thankfully, everyone on our team is safe. But the pain is hitting close to home for the Bone McAllester Norton family as we have attorneys and relatives uprooted from homes and jobs.
In true Nashville fashion, though, our firm has jumped right in to respond. We hurt and respond together because we are so embedded in this community. Some of our lawyers, like Doug Sloan, grabbed a chainsaw to help cut down debris in neighbors’ yards. Others, like I’Ashea Myles-Dihigo, visited devastated neighborhoods to bring supplies. Still others, like Stephen Zralek, rushed to court to successfully keep polls open longer, since the tornadoes hit on Super Tuesday and closed voting locations in the hardest-hit neighborhoods. We also have lawyers on the boards of Hands On Nashville and the Nashville Bar Association, both of which are helping coordinate disaster relief.
- Donate services or funds: Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee & the Cumberland
- Sign up to volunteer with cleanup efforts: Hands On Nashville
- Volunteer or donate supplies to families in North Nashville: Gideon’s Army
- Provide monetary donations directly to storm victims: The Community Foundation of Middle Tennessee
- Drop off donations of needed items: Community Resource Center