Jonathan concentrates his practice in the areas of criminal defense and government investigations, personal injury, wrongful death, and civil litigation. Throughout his 20-year legal career, Jonathan has focused on obtaining the best results for his clients through zealous advocacy and thoughtful solutions.
Prior to joining Bone McAllester Norton PLLC, Jonathan was a founding member of Farmer Purcell White & Lassiter, PLLC. Immediately after graduating law school, Jonathan served as an Assistant Metropolitan Nashville Public Defender for three years when he then entered private practice.
- Represented clients in multiple complex Federal white-collar cases, including public corruption matters, fraud cases, drug related offenses, and a variety of other federal felonies and misdemeanors.
- Defended clients in a wide array of felony and misdemeanor cases, including DUI and driving related offenses, drug offenses, theft and fraud offenses, assaults, probation violations, homicide, and a variety of other matters.
- Represented clients who were the subject of Federal and State government investigations.
Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Obtained favorable verdicts and settlements in personal injury cases, including negligence claims, premises liability claims, automobile accidents, catastrophic injury claims and other related matters.
Civil Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Successfully represented clients in all manner of business disputes, achieving the desired results at a reasonable cost.
- Represented clients in class cases, derivative matters, and shareholder litigation in both Federal and State court.
Professional Recognition and Activities
- Nashville Bar Fellow
- Member of Local Rules Committee for United States District Court for the Middle District of Tennessee
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Middle District of Tennessee Criminal Justice Act Panel
- Woodmont Christian Church: Board Member
- Dismas House of Nashville: Board Member
- Volunteer Tennessee: Board Member
- Harry Phillips Chapter of the American Inn of Court: Member
- Hands On Nashville: Volunteer
- Room In The Inn: Volunteer
- Nashville Food Project: Volunteer
Jonathan, a native Nashvillian, is married with two children. He remains active in civic and community activities, including volunteering at Hands On Nashville, Room In The Inn, and the Nashville Food Project. He is also an avid triathlete, having completed multiple Ironman triathlons.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., 2000
- University of Tennessee, B.A., 1996